There are probably over a million books and blogs written on the how to topic of living a happier life. What is great about all of them is that for the most part they all work for someone out there. I like to believe I live a happy life. When I wake up, I’m excited to go to work! The people who surround me are all incredible and they give me something to be happy about each and every day.
So to add to the millions of blogs online about living a happy(ier) life, I would like to add number one million and one. Below are 5 things I have added to my daily routine to help me live a happy life.
1) Be Someone to Someone: A little less than 2 years ago I began mentoring a student in the school district I went to my whole life. The extra time was found, and once a week I get to spend a quick 20 minutes hanging out and listening to my mentee. Many of us grow up wanting to be someone special, me included. But there is nothing more special than being there for someone who needs you.
2) Spend at least 20-30 minutes per day outside: Being 2014, there is no surprise that electronics and technology dictate a lot of what we do each day. But with all of the chaos online and on T.V., you cannot forget to take the time to just be outside. Whether it be 20 minutes or an hour, mother nature has provided us a lot of things to enjoy, go discover some.
3) Fire your friends: We become who we routinely surround ourselves with. Unfortunately, some allow themselves to constantly be around that negative friend or friends who gush constantly about how awful their lives are. You know who I am talking about. They never seem to have anything positive to say about other things or people. Of the items on this list, I believe this is the one thing everyone should do ASAP. Will it be easy? Probably not. Negativity is a powerful thing, and if you want your life to be filled with happiness, you have to get rid of the negative be it your best friend or now.
4) Be a Care-Less person: That’s right, be care-less. No, not careless in your actions, but care less about whether others think what you are doing is best for you. Now let me say this, being care less doesn’t mean to be a sloppy joe and walk around in your PJ’s and say, “I don’t care”. Have standards. If there is something you really want to do, do it. Don’t let the thoughts of others stop you from seeing the world, starting a business, or inventing a product. Care less, do more.
5) Drink a gallon of water per day: As some of you know, Coach Courtney is also a Coach for Pump & Shred. One of the many things I have picked up from her coaching others is being strict on them drinking a gallon of water per day. I have started to and am trying my best to do this daily as well. The days that I am on spot with it, I feel the benefits the next day. I have TONS of energy and my mood is just better over all. I don’t feel fatigued during the day, my focus is on point and my workouts are awesome (pauses to take drink of water). When I feel good physically, I feel even better mentally and that makes me a very happy person!
So there they are ladies and gentlemen. They may not work for everyone, but they have worked for me. A sad life is a wasted life. Do the things that make you happy daily and you will reap the benefits physically, mentally and emotionally!
Do you have ways to live a happier life that you would like to add? Let us know!